Beef Stew - Lifestyle Plan Recipe
- 100 g Lean Trimmed Beed
- 130 g Swede
- 30 g Carrot
- 20 g Onion
- 20 g Petit Pois
- Beef oxo Cube
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Bay Leaf
- Brown the beef in a saucepan with a garlic clove, bay leaf, cracked pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the beef oxo cube with 1 pint of water and add to the pan (the meat should be covered by the liquid)
- Simmer with the lid on until the meat is soft (approx. 1 hour. Add more water if the liquid reduces too much)
- Take the meat out of the pan and then add the cubed swede, carrots and onion into the stewing liquid
- Cook for 10 mins and then add the petit pois.
- Cook until the veg is soft
- Return the meat to the pan with the veg and cook without the lid on until the liquid has reduced to around 8 Tablespoons (enough to make into a gravy)
- Take off the heat and add a teaspoon of Fage.
- Stir until the Fage has mixed through to create a thickened gravy.
- Add more cracked pepper to make a nice spicy gravy
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!