Cheese and Celeriac Soufflé
Cheese and Celeriac Soufflé-Lifestyle Plan Recipe
- 175 g Raw Celeriac
- 2 slices WW Low Fat Mature Cheddar Grated
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 Medium Egg
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and spray the ramekin with Frylight(make sure all coated). My ramekin is a Le Creuset 3oz/100g one so this mix was just perfect to fill it.
- Boil celeriac for 10-15 minutes in salted water until soft, then drain. Return to pan over low heat and mash until smooth and not too much excess water
- Add yoghurt, cheese and pepper and stir to mix, then add the egg yolk stirring it well to mix in. Take off heat
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks and stiff(you should be able to hold bowl upside down without egg moving) the using a METAL spoon fold the egg white into the celeriac mix - don't stir heavily, the secret is to fold it in gradually until the white is combined but don't beat it as you want to retain the air.
- Pour into prepared ramekin and cook on BOTTOM shelf of oven for 15-20 minutes DO NOT OPEN OVEN TO CHECK HALFWAY OR YOUR SOUFFLÉ WILL FALL.
- Serve at once. The soufflé is very fragile and will sink if not eaten quickly
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!