Chicken Roulade with Swede Mash
Chicken Roulade with Swede Mash - LIfestyle Plan Recipe
- 100 g Chicken Breast
- 75 g Red and Yellow Peppers
- 10 g Baby Spinach
- 160 g Swede
- 1/2 Chicken Oxo Cube
- 25 g Onion
- 20 g Fage
- Butter Frylight
- Garlic Salt
- Place the peppers on an open flame on the hob until the skin is charred
- Once black, remove from the flame and peel all the charred skin off the pepper.
- Cut the pepper open until it is flat.
- Flatten the chicken breast using a meat mallet and lie flat on some cling film. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pepper on top of the chicken, then lay the baby spinach leaves over the pepper.
- Gently roll into a cylinder, using the cling film as a guide (make sure you remove the cling film once the roulade is rolled!!)
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, turning over after 10 minutes
- Be careful and make sure the chicken doesn't unroll.
- Once cooked, put in a hot pan to give it some more colour.
- fry the onions until brown.
- Add the chicken oxo cube that has been dissolved in water and simmer until a thick gravy forms.
- Boil the swede until soft.
- Mash with a dash of skimmed milk, butter frylight, salt, thyme and garlic salt to taste.
- Cut the roulade in half (be careful to keep it together!), plate with the mash and drizzle the gravy over the meal.
- Add a dollop of fage ontop of the mash and sprinkle with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!