Peppery Beef Stew
Peppery Beef Stew - Lifestyle Plan Recipe
- 100 g Lean Trimmed Beef
- 150 g Swede
- 35 g Carrot
- 25 g Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 25 g Petit Pois
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fage
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- Lightly season the beef with salt and cracked pepper, and brown in a saucepan, along with the onion and 1 garlic clove.
- Mix a beef oxo cube with roughly 1 pint of water and add to the pan.
- If the beef is not completely covered, add more water
- Add a bay leaf and then place on the lid and simmer until the meat is soft and almost falling apart (depending on the cut of beef you're using, this may take around 2 hours).
- Add more water as required to ensure the meat is covered during cooking
- Remove the meat from the pan and then add the swede, carrot and petit pois to the stewing liquid.
- Cook for around 5 mins and then re-add the meat back to the pan.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until veg is soft, and the liquid has reduced to around 10 tablespoons remaining.
- Continue to add cracked pepper to taste until the gravy has a nice peppery flavour.
- Season with salt if required. Remove from the heat and add a heaped teaspoon of fage.
- Stir through until fage has dissolved to create a thick creamy sauce
- Avoid adding back to the heat once the fage has been added, as it may split.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!